We are all keeping our fingers crossed that Sports Day will be going ahead on tomorrow, Thursday 22nd June, although the weather forecast is looking mixed.
We will make a decision as early in the day as we can and post this on the Noticeboard section on the Website Homepage. We will send an email via School Comms only in the event of a postponement. Our decision will be based both on field conditions (too slippery from previous rain perhaps) and the actual current weather. It is always a difficult decision to make, but we want Sports Day to go ahead as much as the children and families do!
Thinking positively, we are due to begin at 12.45pm and we would like all of the children to come to school in the morning dressed ready to take part. They will need to have a sunhat/cap with them and sunscreen applied in the morning. We also ask that children have sunscreen with them, labelled in a bag, should they need to re apply this themselves. We are not allowed to do this for them. They also need to bring a drink bottle of plain water only please, which they will be able to refill during the day should it be hot.
For safety reasons, please could you not enter the school grounds until after the children's lunch break has finished. To ensure the event runs smoothly and safely, we asked that you use the centre of the track to watch, please keep at least a metre from the track edge and please take care when crossing the track.
We respectfully request that you do not cross the track to your children during the event to pass on refreshments etc as this can cause disruption, both in the classes and of the races. Thank you for your support in this matter.
We are looking forward to seeing you all on Thursday, but in the event of postponement, the same arrangements will apply on Friday 7th July.
Click here for more information.