Are you or your family budding online game makers? Do you enjoy Minecraft or playing computer games? Well now is the chance to have a go at making one of your own to enter a Purple Mash competition.
The Purple Mash Games Design Competition has three categories for competition entries:
1. Family Category – you working with your brothers or sisters/parents/other household members
2. Individual Child - just you
3. School Group - for children of essential workers who are making theirs in school.
• If you click on the Games Design Competition section of the Featured feed on the right hand side of the Purple Mash Homepage, you will find a range of help files, videos and other tools including how you can add your self-composed sounds, music and your own artwork.
• When you open the 2DIY3D app, choose My Game (rather than My Simple Game) so you can add more complex detail, including multiple levels. You can’t change from My Simple Game to the more detailed one later in the process.
• The closing date for the competition is 26th June. This will give you time to start planning your game before moving onto the exciting part, the building of the game! You’ll need to trial it, modify and improve it and check all the spellings are sorted so you are sure it is ready to share on the Purple Mash Display Board.
• You can save and edit work as often as you like before submitting – it should only be submitted once it is completely finished.
• You submit your work by sharing it to the correct Display Board for the category they are entering. There are instructions in the attached document to help you learn about submitting to Display Boards.
• The Display Boards will be visible to the wider public, so it’s important not to include any personal information in your entries. Don’t use names or other personal information as part of the designs, titles or instructions. Any submissions that include personal information won’t be accepted or displayed on the board. The only information visible on the board will be the school name.
• Your work will not become visible until it has been approved by the Purple Mash team (We won’t be seeing them unless they get approved). Depending on the number of submissions Purple Mash receive, this may take some time, but they will work through them as quickly as possible.
We won’t be setting this up as a 2Do so you will need to go to the competition icon or directly to the App, found from the Home Page – Computing – 2DIY3D.
There are already some entries on the Competition Display Boards so you could see what others are doing too.
We hope you take part in this competition, either on your own or as a family project. Maybe it could be a Half Term project when we won’t be setting you work to do or you do it as part of your work. We look forward to playing your completed games.
Unfortunately not the ones with chocolate chips.
Our cookies ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please make your choice!
Some cookies are necessary in order to make this website function correctly. These are set by default and whilst you can block or delete them by changing your browser settings, some functionality such as being able to log in to the website will not work if you do this. The necessary cookies set on this website are as follows:
A 'sessionid' token is required for logging in to the website and a 'crfstoken' token is used to prevent cross site request forgery. An 'alertDismissed' token is used to prevent certain alerts from re-appearing if they have been dismissed.
We use Matomo cookies to improve the website performance by capturing information such as browser and device types. The data from this cookie is anonymised.
Cookies are used to help distinguish between humans and bots on contact forms on this website.
A cookie is used to store your cookie preferences for this website.Cookies that are not necessary to make the website work, but which enable additional functionality, can also be set. By default these cookies are disabled, but you can choose to enable them below: